The ZikOS program is used for a comprehensive analysis of the operating states of overhead power lines. The ZikOS system enables analysis of cable mechanics, line electrical parameters and line impacts on the environment. The developed solutions enable advanced analysis of the current line condition, effective design of new and modernized lines, and effective assessment of environmental threats related to their operation.
Calculations of the electromagnetic field generated by medium and high voltage overhead lines.
Electric field intensity distributions and magnetic field intensity distributions for given wire systems. Distribution of electric field intensity on the surface of the conductor and insulation.
Electric and magnetic field distribution:
- along the X axis – at a given height above the ground level and
- along the Y axis – at a given distance from the line axis.
The calculations performed constitute the basis for determining the permissible zones of people staying in the vicinity of the line.
The PEM module allows you to determine the distribution of the electromagnetic field in the vicinity of the analyzed line.
The input data to the calculation module are the following parameters:
- Line identification – line name, section name
- Parameterization of calculations:
- height at which the field distribution is to be calculated,
- distance from the line axis for which the vertical distribution is to be calculated,
- beginning of the field intensity graph in the X axis,
- end of the field intensity graph on the X axis,
- beginning of the field strength graph in the Y axis,
- end of the Y-axis field intensity plot,
- Parameterization of the analyzed line:
- wire number,
- Ins – whether it is an insulated cable,
- X – X coordinate of the cable suspension,
- Y – Y coordinate of the cable suspension,
- R – radius of the wire (aluminum),
- Rins – radius of the insulated wire,
- Rr – radius of the steel core,
- eps – relative electrical permittivity of the insulation
- V – effective value of the wire potential,
- Vphase – phase shift of the wire potential,
- I – effective value of phase current,
- Iphase – phase shift of the phase current,
- Nd – number of wires in the last layer,
- LC – is it a lightning conductor
The following field distributions are presented as the results of the calculations:
- electric field intensity on the surface of the wire,
- electric field intensity on the surface of the wire insulation,
- electric field intensity in the X axis,
- electric field strength in the Y axis,
- magnetic field strength in the X axis,
- magnetic field strength in the Y axis.